Here you’ll find answer to the most common questions our customers have. If you have any questions that aren’t answered here, please contact us directly.
Is taking a sample pain free?
How do I take a DNA sample?
2. Remove the protective plastic foil from the tube.
3. With clean hands, slightly turn the lid of the tube and pull out the swab. The swab must not touch anything else except for your buccal mucosa (the inside of the cheek).
4. Collect the sample by rubbing the swab on the inside of your check in a circular motion for 1 minute. Make sure you use enough pressure to collect some cells from the mucosa, not just saliva.
5. Carefully insert the swab back into the tube. Make sure the swab doesn’t touch your teeth, lips, or any other surface.
6. Put the tube into the prepared bag and close it.
7. Place the bag with your sample in the box provided. The return address is already written on the box.
8. Remove the yellow strip from this box, seal it, and send it back as soon as possible.
What will happen if I lose, stain, or drop the swab on the ground?
How long will the DNA sample last?
What type of DNA sample do I have to submit?
What will happen if the sample is not satisfactory?